General Terms and Conditions
1. General stipulations, customers
- All offers, contracts of sale and deliveries based on orders submitted by our customers by means of our online shop www.strengthshop.de (hereinafter known as “online shop”) are subject to these General Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry into contract, right of revocation and right of return, costs of return
- (1) The presentation of goods in our online shop does not constitute a binding offer to enter into a contract of sale. Minor deviations or technological changes from our product images and descriptions are possible.
- (2) By submitting an order in the online shop, the customer makes a binding offer to purchase the pertaining product.
- (3) Immediately after receiving the offer, we will send the customer a confirmation of receipt of the offer, which does not constitute an acceptance of the offer. The offer is only considered to be accepted by us as soon as we declare the acceptance to the customer (by e-mail) or consign the goods for shipment. The contract of sale with the customer only comes into effect when we have accepted the offer.
- (4) (a) The customer has the right to cancel the contract and return the goods within 14 working days of receipt.
- (b) All exchanges/returns must be sent back to us within 14 working days of receipt of goods and in new condition. Please use the original packaging when returning an article and always include a note with your name, the order number, and stating whether you wish a refund or an exchange.
- (c) The shipping costs for a returned item are to be covered by the customer.
- Please do not return orders with freight not prepaid. We cannot accept those deliveries as they mean unnecessary additional charges for us.
If a defect or wrong delivered article has to be returned, we will either organize the collection or ask you to advance the shipping costs. As soon as we have received the returned article we will refund the shipping costs.
If you wish to return an order, please contact us first.
You can inform us about the cancellation either by e-mail, post or phone.
The following form can be used but is not required:(d) All orders should be thoroughly checked upon receipt, and any shortages/damages reported to us within 14 days of receipt. Any goods arriving showing any damage at all should be signed for as 'damaged'.
- (5) If a product is returned damaged or delayed a restocking fee of 10 % or more (according to the damage) can be charged.
- (6) Seconds are sold as described on our homepage or facebook page and cannot be exchanged.
- All returns and notes of cancellation should be addressed to:
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Prices and payment, shipping costs
- (1) Our prices include statutory value added tax, but not shipping costs. The customer bears shipping costs, customs and similar charges.
- Customers from outside EU please note that any import charges and taxes are the buyer's responsibility and one should investigate what the costs are before placing an order.
- Obvious pricing errors are reserved.
- (2) Unless expressly otherwise agreed, we offer the following payment methods:
- a) payment by credit or debit card
- b) payment by PayPal
- c) bank transfer/pre payment.
- (3) Shipping cost calculator
- In order to see how high the shipping costs for your order will be you can use our shipping cost calculator as soons as all artilces are in the shopping card.
4. Shipment of goods
- (1) We ship out as soon as possible, which is generally 1 - 2 working days ( Monday to Friday) after you have placed your order. You will receive a shipment notification when your order has been sent, with details of approximate delivery times. Generally, you will receive you order within 3 working days. For orders from other European countries than Germany it will take about 5 - 7 days.
- (2) If the goods should undeliverable or not deliverable on time in the sense of section 4 paragraph 1 of these General Terms and Conditions, we will immediately notify the customer. In such a case we will immediately refund any payments made to us by the the customer for those goods. The customer‘s statutory rights with regard to delayed delivery are not affected by the above provision.
- (3) We are entitled to partial delivery of goods included in a single order, whereby we bear additional costs thus incurred.
- Unless expressly otherwise agreed, we will determine the appropriate shipping method and carrier at our reasonable discretion.
6. Data protection
- (1) We are entitled to process and store data relevant to the specific contracts of sale, insofar as this is necessary for the execution and completion of the contract of sale and as long as we are required by law to store these data.
- (2) We are not entitled to collect, transmit or otherwise process personal data pertaining to the customer for any other purpose than those named in these General Terms and Conditions.
7. Bands Warranty
- All of the Strength Shop Bands come with a 12-month warranty from the date of purchase. This applies only to the original purchaser and is non transferable. The warranty covers any manufacturing flaws which causes the band(s) to break/split, and also for general use. Exemptions are any use where the band is in direct contact with the ground/floor, i.e. round the bottom of a cage/rack, and resistance sprints.
- With our bars, here are guidelines with regards to usage to reduce any likelihood of damage. We use all our bars in the gym, and have done over long periods of time without any issues. Our philosophy is that any bar, however cheap will last a lifetime if looked after and cared for properly. Similarly, any bar, however expensive/well made, will get damaged through incorrect/improper use.
- (a) It is not recommended to use any bar for rack pulls. It is in our opinion, the one most common gym lift which damages/bends bars, and should be avoided at all costs.
- (b) Dropping a bar onto the safeties (i.e. when squatting) will have the same effect as rack pulls. We always recommend squatting with spotters, both for safety, and to stop the bar being dropped on a failed lift.
- (c) Regardless of the load rating of the bar, please choose the bar most appropriate for the type of lifting it will be getting used for. The Weightlifting bar, whilst rated to 1500lbs, is essentially a weightlifting bar, and we would not recommend using it for very heavy squats/deadlifts (roughly 250kg+. For this we would always recommend the Texas bars)
- (d) When doing jerks/overhead work, always use full rubber bumper plates, or pro-bumper plates, and only on either a proper lifting platform, or rubber gym matting (at least 15 mm to 18 mm thick). Whilst our Olympic bars are fine for the Olympic lifts (good spin in the sleeves, mild flex in the shaft, etc) we'd always recommend the Weightlifting bar if this is predominantly what it is going to be used for. The Olympic bar is not designed to be dropped from overhead regularly. NEVER use cast iron plates when doing overhead. Dropping a bar from any height with cast iron plates on will almost always cause it to bend.
- (e) Any bar used in a commercial environment is more susceptible to damage/deterioration purely because of the amount of use it is undergoing, and also because of the fact it is outwith the control of the owner/manager (at least to an extent) how it is being used/cared for by the gym users. It is our belief that bars used in a commercial environment will have to be replaced on an ongoing basis, and it should not be expected that any bar will 'last forever' in a setting like this. We would generally recommend the Texas Power Bar in situations like this, but of course, it depends on budget and also requirements of the gym.
(f) Our weightlifting barbells should always be used with full rubber bumper plates on rubber matting or platforms. They should not be used in situations where they can be dropped on pins/safeties, such as squatting in cages, or rack pulls. Bars should never be left loaded with plates, however light/small for any length of time.
(g) When doing jerks/overhead work, always use full rubber bumper plates, and only on proper rubber gym matting at least 15 mm to 18 mm thick (not harder style matting like stable mats).
Our rubber bumper plates come with a 10-year warranty from date of purchase against splitting/cracking of the plates. This does not include loosening of the bushings of any plate. Any type of 5 kg bumper plate as well as all Hi-Temp bumper plates are excluded from the 10-year warranty. All other plates which are not bumper plates (rubber coated plates, cast iron plates, steel plates etc.) are excluded from this warranty.
The warranty does not cover any cosmetic flaws/defects which do not in any way affect the use of the plates. Upon manufacturing there are often 'seal' marks/seams which are normal and do not affect the plates. To qualify for warranty the bumpers must be used on rubber matting with a thickness of at least 15 mm to 18 mm (please do not use harder style matting like stable mats).
The warranty is non transferable and any returns must be sent back to us at the customer's expense. Upon receipt we will send out replacements at our cost. Bumper plates will be replaced a maximum of one time, if a replacement is issued it will void any further warranties on that item/plate.
10. Return Policy Kettlebells
Please note - our kettlebells are exempt from exchanges/refunds/replacements based on cosmetic damage from surface impact. Please consider that impact with a hard surface may cause cosmetic damage to the kettlebells. This cosmetic damage is exempt from the warranty, warranty covers structural damage only. Please use soft surfaces when training with kettlebells.
With competition kettlebells some loosening of the inside filling may occur with rough usage. This is a common issue with competition kettlebells across manufacturers. These damages are excempt from warranty.
11. Place of jurisdiction/Applicable law
The place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising indirectly or directly from this contractual relationship is Berlin, provided that the buyer is a trader in the context of the German Commercial Code (HGB) or a legal person under public law .The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany apply.
12. Severability clause
Should any provision of these General Terms and Conditions be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, this does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these General Terms and Conditions.