Original Texas Deadlift Bar - Chrome Sleeves
The Texas Bar is one of the best there is and unlike generic/cheaper bars, is built to last. The Texas Power Bar was developed by Buddy Capps (a Texas powerlifter, expert machinist and innovator) more than 30 years ago and has since become the standard in powerlifting.
* Previously these bars were sold with bare steel sleeves. They now feature chrome coated sleeves to help prevent rust.
There are deadlift bars and then there are Texas Deadlift Bars.
Many companies sell deadlift bars these days, but few can withstand the test of time and heavy use like Texas Deadlift Bars by Buddy Capps.
The first Texas Power Bars were made in 1980 by Buddy Capps - Texas powerlifter, expert machinist and innovator.
Buddy forever changed powerlifting with his special steel formula and revolutionary sleeve design, and his bars have been used ever since by thousands of powerlifters and powerlifting competitions worldwide. Texas bar owners can be proud to be a part of the long lineage of this classic backbone of the sport.
• Weight - 20kg
• Length - 2.3m
• Shaft - Sprung Tempered Steel
• Shaft Diameter - 27mm
• Distance Between Rings - 810mm
• Loadable Sleeve Length - 400mm
• Centre Knurling? - No
• Knurling Type - Coarse
• Sleeve Type - Brass Bushings with chrome coated sleeves
• Recommended Max Load/Rating - 2000lbs Static rating, 190K PSI Tensile strength. No maximum load for Powerlifts - any weight.
Sleeves are made up of one piece construction with no bolts to lose, and have brass bushings.
This bar can handle even your biggest deadlift. It is one of the strongest, most robust bars on the market, and will require low-level maintenance.
Texas Deadlift Bars are the Official Competition Bars of the Global Powerlifting Alliance (GPA) and the International Powerlifting Organization (IPO) and used in many other federations.
Please see our barbell terms and conditions.